Sunday, October 18, 2009

Austin Texas

I've been living in Austin Texas for a little over 2 months now. Austin is the best place I've ever been, period. My girlfriend and I came here with nothing, living "homeless" for the past couple of months, but I gotta tell you, It's been great, not that there haven't been tough times. In Austin, no one goes hungry, there is free food in many places, and there is even a free food truck that comes everyday, no lie. I've been hanging out at Brave New Books alot lately, there are good people there. I also recently got a camera and am going to volunteer for Austin Copwatch http://www.geocities.com/austincopwatch/ Here in Austin we have the famous Sixth Street. I have never seen anything like it before, they close the whole street on the weekends and people bar hop all the way down the street, it reminds me of Mardi Gras or something, except this is EVERY weekend. Lately I've witnessed the police becoming much more aggressive, too bad I didn't have my camera at the time. I'm kicking around the idea of a 6th Street YouTube channel, I think people will eat it up. Here is a video that I took on 6th street tonight, sorry about the poor quality, working on it.
video